Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ESPN app activation problems

I’m experiencing regular problems with using the ESPN app on my 4th gen Apple TV.

Every time I launch it to watch a sporting event, I’m asked to activate the app with my TV provider. After successfully activating, it will work until the next time I watch a different event on ESPN, then I get prompted to activate again. It’s especially maddening because I have another 4th gen Apple TV in another room that is NOT having the problem.

The problem started occurring about a month ago. I have deleted the ESPN app and reinstalled it from the App Store multiple times to no avail.

Last night I updated to the latest TVOS, and reset the Apple TV to factory defaults then reloaded all apps and signed in to my TV provider, PlayStation Vue. Activated each of the apps and then activated ESPN. Worked fine for the first event but prompted me for activation again as soon as I switched to another ESPN event.

I confirmed that the Apple TV is set to allow the ESPN app to access my TV provider info.

When I launch ESPN, I can briefly see the PlayStation Vue logo in the upper right corner of the screen, then within seconds the logo disappears. I imagine that it is having some kind of problem with single sign on, but then again the other Apple TV in my house is functioning perfectly!

Any ideas in the community?

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 11:22 AM

1 reply

ESPN app activation problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.