Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my message from my phone to my ipad

How to get my message from my phone to my ipad

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 8:33 PM

If you are trying to have both your iPad and iPhone to sync text messages, for example. You send a message to your friend on your iPhone and you want it to also appear on your iPad.

Then here are a set of instructions:

On your iPhone, go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding>Turn on the desired device you want to send and receive text messages

As simple as it gets. If this solution isn't what you are looking for, you could reply.

Note:

Both iPhone and iPad must be signed in to the same Apple ID to send SMS messages through the iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2018 8:33 PM in response to kraigfromrulo

If you are trying to have both your iPad and iPhone to sync text messages, for example. You send a message to your friend on your iPhone and you want it to also appear on your iPad.

Then here are a set of instructions:

On your iPhone, go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding>Turn on the desired device you want to send and receive text messages

As simple as it gets. If this solution isn't what you are looking for, you could reply.

Note:

Both iPhone and iPad must be signed in to the same Apple ID to send SMS messages through the iPad.

Feb 21, 2018 5:13 PM in response to JV1989

Sorry for the late reply.

If you are talking about phone carrier wise, no. As long as both devices are signed in to the same Apple ID and both connected to the Wi-Fi(Doesn't always have to be a cellular network.), you can do the message syncing feature.

I hope this answer solved your question. If you have any other questions, you may reply.

And have not mentioned this but, if you want to have ALL your previous messages transferred to the iPad, then go ahead and tell us.

How can I get my message from my phone to my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.