Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio not imported with video files

iMac 12.2 running 10.13.3

Suddenly I am getting no audio imported with video files to Premiere Pro CC 2017. Same problem when I checked in iMovie - so it looks like an Apple issue. The same files play with audio in VLC.

The files are standard AVCHD, MTS files from my video camera. The set up has been working perfectly for years!

Since the fault began I have installed the latest OS update (10.13.3 supplemental) and Premiere CC Pro update (2018).

I have tried the standard tricks in Premiere Pro such as manually deleting Media Cache and Media Cache Files.

A Premiere Pro project I completed a couple of months ago can no longer find any audio associated with the video clips - but they all play perfectly in VLC and Toast.

Help please!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 2:08 PM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2018 3:49 AM in response to oliomedia

Further to this. I created a new user on my iMac, and everything works perfectly there. So it is a problem with something in my main user environment.

I tried to install Quicktime 7 Pro before the problem began and I wondered whether this might have screwed up the system's own Quicktime. So I removed all the QT prefs from the User>Library. No change.

Audio not imported with video files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.