Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Cannot Receive a Verification Code

I cannot receive a verification code to activate my iPhone. Appl is trying to send one to the phone I'm trying to activate. What do I do?

iPhone 5c, iOS 10

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 4:31 PM

Hi piranhadig,

I understand that you are trying to get a verification code, but you're unable to because it's going to the device you're trying to set up. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

If you have another trusted device, you can get a verification code from the settings:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Get a code from Settings on your trusted device

If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline.

From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

In iOS 10.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

In iOS 10.3 or later, if your device is offline:

2. Tap Password & Security.
  3. A message says "Account Details Unavailable." Tap Get Verification Code.

In iOS 10.2 or earlier:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud.
  2. Tap your Apple ID username.
  3. If your device is offline, tap Get Verification Code. If your device is online, tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

From your Mac:

1. Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details.
  3. If your device is offline, click Get Verification Code. If your device is online, click Security > Get Verification Code.

If not, check out the end of that same article:

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2018 4:31 PM in response to piranhadig

Hi piranhadig,

I understand that you are trying to get a verification code, but you're unable to because it's going to the device you're trying to set up. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

If you have another trusted device, you can get a verification code from the settings:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Get a code from Settings on your trusted device

If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline.

From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

In iOS 10.3 or later:

2. Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

In iOS 10.3 or later, if your device is offline:

2. Tap Password & Security.
  3. A message says "Account Details Unavailable." Tap Get Verification Code.

In iOS 10.2 or earlier:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud.
  2. Tap your Apple ID username.
  3. If your device is offline, tap Get Verification Code. If your device is online, tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

From your Mac:

1. Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details.
  3. If your device is offline, click Get Verification Code. If your device is online, click Security > Get Verification Code.

If not, check out the end of that same article:

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

I Cannot Receive a Verification Code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.