Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long will it take to replace battery if I have an appointment in store

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 9:09 PM

If they have it in stock, it doesn't take long. If they don't, essentially what they do it give you a virtual place in line among customers at that store. They'll contact you when they have one for you and you have many 3 days to make a drop-in visit for the installation. There are reports that some people are being told it's taking longer at some stores than others. I suspect that the allocations of batteries are based on location, but it would be difficult to know where to go where you might get it earlier.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2018 9:09 PM in response to karenfromburnley

If they have it in stock, it doesn't take long. If they don't, essentially what they do it give you a virtual place in line among customers at that store. They'll contact you when they have one for you and you have many 3 days to make a drop-in visit for the installation. There are reports that some people are being told it's taking longer at some stores than others. I suspect that the allocations of batteries are based on location, but it would be difficult to know where to go where you might get it earlier.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.