Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t listen to Bluetooth headphones on Apple watch

I just brought a new Apple Watch 3. While trying to connect my Bluetooth headphones to it, it does connect. And pressing my Bluetooth headphone does bring up Siri, and I can hear her clearly through the headphones, but then when I go to the music app on the Apple Watch, when I choose a song and it goes to the “choose where to play music” page, I tap on my headphones but it says it can’t connect to my headphones. Please help!

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 8:52 AM

Hi

The following steps may help:

If you have not yet done so, then update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Unpair your compatible* headphones from your iPhone or from any other device that they may already be paired with.

Restart your Apple Watch:

Try moving your Apple Watch and headphones to a different location, further away from any other active Bluetooth devices:

Enable and disable Airplane Mode on your Apple Watch:

Re-pair your headphones with your Apple Watch:

* Compatibility

Most - but not all - Bluetooth headphones that use the A2DP Bluetooth profile can be used with Apple Watch for listening to music from it:

Apple does not publish a list of compatible headphones.

Headphones that are least likely to be compatible are those that also offer additional built-in functions such as fitness tracking, a heart rate monitor and/or a built-in media player.

For any such headphones, I suggest that you check with the manufacturer regarding compatibility.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2018 8:52 AM in response to Dannshd

Hi

The following steps may help:

If you have not yet done so, then update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Unpair your compatible* headphones from your iPhone or from any other device that they may already be paired with.

Restart your Apple Watch:

Try moving your Apple Watch and headphones to a different location, further away from any other active Bluetooth devices:

Enable and disable Airplane Mode on your Apple Watch:

Re-pair your headphones with your Apple Watch:

* Compatibility

Most - but not all - Bluetooth headphones that use the A2DP Bluetooth profile can be used with Apple Watch for listening to music from it:

Apple does not publish a list of compatible headphones.

Headphones that are least likely to be compatible are those that also offer additional built-in functions such as fitness tracking, a heart rate monitor and/or a built-in media player.

For any such headphones, I suggest that you check with the manufacturer regarding compatibility.

I can’t listen to Bluetooth headphones on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.