Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overhead Projector & iPad Pro 10.5

How do I connect my iPad Pro 10.5 to an overhead projector for classroom training presentation

Regards Patrick

iPad Pro Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 8:25 PM

Do you mean a LCD projector? Or the old fashioned overhead projector? I’m presuming LCD, and you’d need to research a lightning to something connector cord, most like HDMI, but that will depend on what your projector will accept as an input becuse it may also need to be RCA (the yellow, red, white connectors) because many older projectors only have VGA inputs (those are the one that are often blue and is a wider plug with rows of pins)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2018 8:25 PM in response to Sblau

Do you mean a LCD projector? Or the old fashioned overhead projector? I’m presuming LCD, and you’d need to research a lightning to something connector cord, most like HDMI, but that will depend on what your projector will accept as an input becuse it may also need to be RCA (the yellow, red, white connectors) because many older projectors only have VGA inputs (those are the one that are often blue and is a wider plug with rows of pins)

Feb 22, 2018 7:09 AM in response to Sblau

If you are only using one projector, find out what inputs it takes and buy the corresponding adapter. If you give lots of talks you may need mulitiple adapters because many places have projectors in varying degrees of newness.....some will take HDMI (and there are multiple versions of HDMI), others the older VGA.

If you give a lot of talks you may wish to consider buying your own projector and taking it with you so you don’t have to play the ‘do I have the right adapter’ game every time.

Overhead Projector & iPad Pro 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.