Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use itunes store purchased music in SP?

Hello,
I know that iTunes store music is copywrited and you can't use it in any commercial product. But I am making a movie of my vacation that maybe 10 of my friends and family will see.
I would like to use my iTunes music in this movie and of course the songs I want are the ones that I bought on the music store.
How would I be able to use those songs in my project? If you can do it in iMovie, you should be able to do it in Soundtrack. If I bought a CD I would be able to!
Are there any kind of utilities to take that lock of the songs?
D

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Jan 24, 2007 3:35 PM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2007 1:13 PM in response to Danielle Smit

i use music from my itunes all the time in soundtrack.. its easy, there is a little browser on the left hand side when you open up soundtrack... just like u search for effects you can search your hard drive and use any music file in your movies... just basically open up teh folder you have your music stored i and drag and drop the music onto the timeline just liek any other editing you do on final cut and imovie...

Feb 18, 2007 4:29 PM in response to Danielle Smit

i haven't actually tried any importing music with drm into STP yet, but in the past on my pc, if drm was causing issue with using an mp3 in certain applications (soundforge was a regular), i'd simply burn the track as audio and extract the audio back from the cd...

a little cheeky but drm should be there to prevent piracy, not hinder the legally paying customer 😉

how to use itunes store purchased music in SP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.