Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Face ID stopped working after update to 11.2.6

Face ID stopped working

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 24, 2018 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 6:04 AM

Dr.Eliad,

Try this: go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Reset Face ID.

Also see:

Get help with Face ID on your iPhone X

Good luck.

17 replies

Mar 1, 2018 6:26 AM in response to MrBill3

When I try and do that, it does not recognize my face is within the frame. I must restart and only upon restart does it start working again but now I have to reset up Face ID. But a few hours later or sometimes earlier (usually when I’ve moved out of WiFi range) it stops working again and I have to unlock w passcode. Currently I restart multiple times a day as a work around but it’s extremely frustrating I cannot consistently use such a key feature of an expensive device.

Mar 12, 2018 1:08 AM in response to Dr. Eliad

I am having this same issue. It wasn't directly after the update though, was several days later. It won't recognise my face at all. I tried resetting all settings but still not working. Eventually I reset my Face ID and tried to add it again but it isn't working. Also the Animoji function is not working so there is clearly something wrong with the camera. The phone doesn't have any cover on it and is free from dirt/grime. Not sure what to do now!

Mar 13, 2018 11:04 PM in response to Bigtibbs147

I ended up factor resetting the phone and had no luck with it. Contacted Apple directly and they ended up confirming this is a reasonably well known hardware issue that can randomly occur in the iPhone X. They replaced the phone under warranty. Well worth doing if you're having this issue, don't muck around with the factor resetting your phone. Just back it up and get into a store!

My Face ID stopped working after update to 11.2.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.