Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to separate health data on shared apple id

My wife and I share the same Apple ID. We each have an iPhone. I want both of the health apps to collect data from the respective user. But my data is showing on my wife's phone and vice versa. Is there a way to get the two phones to record separately?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 8:00 AM

Unfortunately, after applying that "remedy" I learned that Photo's no longer share foto's automatically on my wife & my iPh6's ... so we have to choose between 2 mutually exclusive options:

#1 - use one (1) AppleID and have the same library of pictures on both iOS-machines and on our two (2) MacBookPro's and on my (old) iPad but "add up our steps etc " in the Health_APP = un-workable & contra-logically-indicated

#2 - use two (2) AppleID's and have separate Health-APP-data (= logical & as should be) but have separate & maintain each our own picture-Photo-gallery's ...

I predict that one (1) Apple-expert-nerd will reply with the following advice:

use option #2 and create a shared album in Photo's & select/swipe/move (only) the images that you want to share with your wife ...

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2018 8:00 AM in response to IanWare

Unfortunately, after applying that "remedy" I learned that Photo's no longer share foto's automatically on my wife & my iPh6's ... so we have to choose between 2 mutually exclusive options:

#1 - use one (1) AppleID and have the same library of pictures on both iOS-machines and on our two (2) MacBookPro's and on my (old) iPad but "add up our steps etc " in the Health_APP = un-workable & contra-logically-indicated

#2 - use two (2) AppleID's and have separate Health-APP-data (= logical & as should be) but have separate & maintain each our own picture-Photo-gallery's ...

I predict that one (1) Apple-expert-nerd will reply with the following advice:

use option #2 and create a shared album in Photo's & select/swipe/move (only) the images that you want to share with your wife ...

Feb 25, 2018 6:03 AM in response to IanWare

No, there is no other way. Everything on an iOS device is tied to the AppleID - iCloud, FaceTime, iMessage, the Stores, health app - everything. If you use a single AppleID for any of those, you share the same account and all Account data.

AppleIDs are explicitly personal identifiers for Apple services and features. They were never intended to be shared, and there is no way to share an AppleID and keep data separate nor private.

How to separate health data on shared apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.