Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Library Failure

For months I've been working (and still am working) on my first ever documentary, I've been following people since a couple of months ago and this is my biggest project so far in my life. I also love making it, so if it would be lost it would tear my world apart. So I was working on this and had opened a library for it (when I started it). The size of the library is now 315 GB. The library contains 1 event, that event contains a couple of different projects. Most of the projects are little scènes that are meant for the actual documentary, and therefore I have a project "documentary" which thus is the main project. But everytime I start up Final Cut Pro X and I want to click on the project "documentary", Final Cut Pro quits, and that didn't happen before. So I can't proceed to work on the project. Someone please tell me how to fix this. It quits everytime over and over. The size of the "CurrentVersion.fcp..." is 260 MB... Maybe it has something to do with that, I don't know. I would appreciate any help. THANKS!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 10.1

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 4:41 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 25, 2018 7:00 PM in response to williamvbavel

The backups by default are in your Macintosh HD>Users>Home>Movies>Final Cut Backups:

User uploaded file

You may have more than one, find the particular one required then you will see Time Stamped Libraries.

Open the latest and if unsuccessful open the next one further back in time and so on until you find one that works OK.

Also it can occur that a render/s files is corrupted so you may try deleting render files.

This can be done on Project or Library basis.

Al

Feb 25, 2018 5:32 PM in response to williamvbavel

FCPX maintains a back-up folder, in which you can turn up a recent file version which would have a full library. I don't know whether opening such a previous file would be referring to a library as of that date, or whether it would refer, separately, to the same current, damaged version of the library.

Good luck on this!

mrbl

Final Cut Pro X Library Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.