Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did a dumb thing and dropped my laptop and this is the result. Is my laptop toast or is this fixable? Guesstimate on the price? Ty!

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 3:11 PM

11 replies

Feb 25, 2018 3:31 PM in response to musicalmom96

musicalmom96 wrote:

Ok. So you don’t know if it’s replaceable? I was just wondering if this had happened to someone and what the outcome was. Thanks

Can't tell for sure, but my first impression is that the display connector is jarred loose. I've seen something similar with a mobile phone after I dropped it.

If you can get an appointment at an Apple retail store, they will evaluate it for free. Typically if there are no repair parts required, they will charge nothing for a fix. If it's something more serious like a broken solder connection or damage to the display, it's obviously going to cost you.

Feb 25, 2018 4:07 PM in response to seventy one

I do have computer insurance and I know that covers theft, loss, and water. But I’m not sure about dropping it.

I’ll take it to my local retail Apple store tomorrow and see. There are no dents or cracks in the screen, and it operates fine. It’s just the screen, I can’t seen much because this is right in the middle of it. Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

Feb 25, 2018 4:23 PM in response to musicalmom96

post.user_wrote.label:

I do have computer insurance and I know that covers theft, loss, and water. But I’m not sure about dropping it.

I’ll take it to my local retail Apple store tomorrow and see. There are no dents or cracks in the screen, and it operates fine. It’s just the screen, I can’t seen much because this is right in the middle of it. Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

It's really better to get an appointment. I've tried going into an Apple Store for an evaluation without an appointment. One might be able to accommodate a customer without an appointment if nobody is there with an appointment or you get on a daily waiting list and come back.

Feb 26, 2018 8:26 AM in response to musicalmom96

musicalmom96 wrote:

There’s an Aothorized Apple Retail Store one mile from my home. I’ll call in the morning for an appointment.

I meant an Apple Store. They will never charge for an evaluation. A service provider authorized by Apple will likely charge for any evaluation, although some might do free evaluations/repairs for devices bought from them as a courtesy. Evaluations at an Apple Store are done as a courtesy for any customer of Apple devices regardless of where they were purchased.

I did a dumb thing and dropped my laptop and this is the result. Is my laptop toast or is this fixable? Guesstimate on the price? Ty!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.