Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari tabs disappearing

Two weeks ago my internet pages that I visit in Safari just started disappearing. They are also called tabs. This started for no reason. I’ve been on the phone all week with various Apple techs, and they’ve been unable to help me. Currently if I visit several websites, the tabs only stay up for a few hours before disappearing. This is happening both on my iPhone 5 and my iPhone X. I have 11.2.6 on my X. It used to be they would stay up for me months so I could go back and visit them at my leisure. I’ve done quite a few restores and nothing’s helping. The Apple people are stumped. I tried changing a few settings in Safari, but none of them really apply to this situation and they don’t help. I am very frustrated. Melinda

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 1:09 AM

Thanks for the heads up, but that’s not the problem either. On my iPhone 5 I’ve been out of storage for the last two years and this problem of Safari tabs disappearing just started two weeks ago.

On my brand-new iPhone X which has tons of storage, I’m having the exact same problem. It’s definitely not a problem of storage. Thanks anyway.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 1:09 AM in response to sberman

Thanks for the heads up, but that’s not the problem either. On my iPhone 5 I’ve been out of storage for the last two years and this problem of Safari tabs disappearing just started two weeks ago.

On my brand-new iPhone X which has tons of storage, I’m having the exact same problem. It’s definitely not a problem of storage. Thanks anyway.

Safari tabs disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.