Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've kept up with my Apple updates on my laptop and am now on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, like a good little soldier, and neither my laptop nor my iPhone will recognize my Canon Selphy CP 900! Help, please!!

I've kept up with my Apple updates on my laptop, like a good little soldier, and am now on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and neither my laptop nor my iPhone will recognize my Canon Selphy CP 900! Help, please!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Canon Selphy CP900

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 9:54 AM

Is the printer attached to the computer or is it a network printer? Have you tried restarting the printer? For the computer, try resetting the printing system.

macOS Sierra: Reset the printing system

You might be able to find a driver here.

Gimp - Print

HPIJS for Mac OS X

PrintFab

4 replies

Feb 26, 2018 9:57 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you, Eric. I did so with no luck. I tried to follow another suggestion but it involved developer language, and that is one I don’t speak! Went to Canon site, no luck. Couldn’t even load the additional printer. Apple not keeping up with printers on Sierra, according to their site. I have a Selphy 1200 that worked fine, even though the Apple site not supporting it either.

Thanks again!

I've kept up with my Apple updates on my laptop and am now on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, like a good little soldier, and neither my laptop nor my iPhone will recognize my Canon Selphy CP 900! Help, please!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.