Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot set up iTunes wifi sync with iphone

I have connected my iPhone to the computer and I have selected the checkbox to enable wifi sync and synced it many times. However on my iPhone it always has the screen that says to enable wifi sync you need to connect it to the computer and enable it.

I have turned on the checkbox and off and synced back and forth many times. I cannot get the phone to recognize it is set up to sync.

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 7:25 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2018 11:54 AM in response to heiber

Hello heiber,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have not been able successful sync your iPhone via Wi-Fi with iTunes. The following article has steps which may help to resolve this type of issue:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Get help

If you can't set iTunes to sync over Wi-Fi, or if sync doesn't work:

1. Restart your computer and iOS device.
  2. Make sure that your computer and iOS device are on the same Wi-Fi network. Syncing doesn't work over an Ethernet to Wi-Fi connection.
  3. In your firewall settings, make sure that TCP ports 123 and 3689, and UDP ports 123 and 5353 are open. If you need help with this step, contact your computer or router manufacturer or check the instructions for your firewall or security software.
Best Regards.

Cannot set up iTunes wifi sync with iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.