Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes burns a different playlist than the one i requested

iTunes won't burn the playlist I highlighted but starts to burn some random playlist I haven't highlighted. This has happened four times with four different random playlists, NEVER the one I want. I updated to the latest iTunes version, even uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled the latest version, still won't burn my requested playlist. What???

IBM ThinkPad, Windows XP

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 11:28 AM

There was a general issue burning CDs with iTunes 12.7.2.x for Windows at anything over 2x speed.

iTunes 12.7.3.46 for Windows appears to burn CDs normally at full speed and with mixed formats.

It can be downloaded from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. Some regional sites may supply an older version.

When burning or printing use the right-click context menu on the playlist in the sidebar. File > Burn Playlist to Disc still seems to be unreliable and may attempt to burn the wrong list.

Other reports suggest that 12.7.3.46 doesn't handle CD Text correctly or is unable to burn a full 80 min CD. You might want to go back to 12.7.1.14 for now. See the iTunes installers section of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for download links, direct from Apple, and instructions on removing the current build before you reinstall. In this instance you don't need to restore an older version of the database.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 11:28 AM in response to cgb

There was a general issue burning CDs with iTunes 12.7.2.x for Windows at anything over 2x speed.

iTunes 12.7.3.46 for Windows appears to burn CDs normally at full speed and with mixed formats.

It can be downloaded from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. Some regional sites may supply an older version.

When burning or printing use the right-click context menu on the playlist in the sidebar. File > Burn Playlist to Disc still seems to be unreliable and may attempt to burn the wrong list.

Other reports suggest that 12.7.3.46 doesn't handle CD Text correctly or is unable to burn a full 80 min CD. You might want to go back to 12.7.1.14 for now. See the iTunes installers section of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for download links, direct from Apple, and instructions on removing the current build before you reinstall. In this instance you don't need to restore an older version of the database.

tt2

Feb 26, 2018 11:33 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for such a quick response. I realized that I’d run out of blank CDs, since four of them were rendered useless because of this issue, but I tried your “right-click from the playlist menu” solution on a DVD, just to see if that worked, and it appears to have burned the playlist correctly. I just played it on a dvd/cd player and it worked! Thank you!!! I believe that the problem first occurred before I upgraded iTunes to 12.7.3.46, but I could be wrong about that. Thanks again. You saved my sanity!

itunes burns a different playlist than the one i requested

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.