Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook is frozen. It happened while loading update to Sierra. Need some help.

How can I unfreeze my MacBook? It happened while loading update.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, iMessage works with my iPhone 3gs

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 5:54 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2018 4:52 AM in response to Jrdfassoc

There are a couple other solutions in recovery mode.

Disk Utility First Aid

Boot into recovery mode and open disk utility. Select Macintosh HD, or the name of the hard drive macOS is on. Click First Aid, and it should begin the process, and will check for problems. This worked for me when my Mac mini was corrupted after Defragmentation of the Hard Drive.

Time Machine Backup

If you have a backup of your computer, you can restore it using Time Machine. The process should be simple.

If all else fails, do what kaz-k said and reinstall macOS. First, you'll need to erase the hard drive macOS is on. Then, when done, go to reinstall macOS. Go through the process and eventually it will begin the installation process. This could take 15 minutes to an hour, depending on your internet and drive type.

I hope these things help.

Sincerely,

Enzdude

My MacBook is frozen. It happened while loading update to Sierra. Need some help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.