Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Expired certificate on MAIL that isn't

OS 10.6.8 on iMac

Mail V 4.6

E-mail provider: AOL.com

General Problem: Suddenly am getting a “certificate is out of date” warning when I begin to download mail on two different accounts. After that, the download is erratic. There is no problem with sending mail.

Background: Did not had any problem with using MAIl when it was being managed by Verizon but have started to experience minor issues now that AOL has it. After the problem did not go away, I looked at the certificate warning and it states, “pop.aol.com. issued by DigiCert SHA2 High Assurance Server CA, Expires Sunday May 6, 2018, 8:00 AM ET, THIS CERTIFICATE IS NOT VALID (HOST NAME MISMATCH)

When I click on TRUST and select ALWAYS TRUST then enter my password, it comes up as being incorrect. If I then select CONNECT, it will eventually connect and download but it is erratic.

I also have another older iMac which is not connected to the WiFi system but when I hooked it up to the router, I started to get the same issues with it. However, on a newer iPad and a new Samsung smart phone, there is no problem downloading or send email using these two accounts.

I double checked all of the port and settings and everything is as it should be.

A call was placed to AOL and they said I had to go to TERMINAL MODE, enter NETSTAT which brought up a long list of numbers. I was told to delete all of the ACTIVE LOCAL (UNIX) domain sockets but did not know how and was concerned that this was not the proper steps to take.

Can anyone help?

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 6:14 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Expired certificate on MAIL that isn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.