Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i copy/save my iPhone contacts

how do I save, copy contacts from iPhone7 to Outlook 2016 and then copy them back to the phone? thank you

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 7:15 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 12:03 PM in response to Moonv

Good afternoon Moonv,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to keep your contacts in sync with Outlook 2016. If you have iCloud enabled for your Contacts, then the easiest way to do this is to download iCloud for Windows and follow the instructions in the resource below. This will save you from copying contact data back and forth. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the links for complete details.
However, if you need to, you can export your Contacts from iCloud - Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud​
Download iCloud for Windows
Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows​

The iCloud Outlook Add-in transfers your content between iCloud and Outlook. Follow these steps to turn on the Add-in:

In Outlook 2010 and later:

1. Select the File menu.
  2. Click Options in the left panel.
  3. Click Add-ins in the left panel of the Outlook Options window.
  4. Look at the list of add-ins in the Active Application Add-ins section.
  5. Select the iCloud Outlook Add-in.

Make sure that iCloud isn’t your default account in Data Files

When iCloud is set as your default account in Data Files, your data won't sync between your devices.

Outlook 2010 and later:

1. Select File > Info > Account Settings > Data Files.
  2. If iCloud is listed as the default account in the Comments column, select a different account.
  3. Click Set as Default.

Contacts

• Outlook will only import the first contact in a vCard set.
  • If you need to add a vCard set to Outlook, import the set directly into iCloud.com or OS X Contacts. We will bundle the entire set for you and add them as individuals to your Contacts.

Take care.

How do i copy/save my iPhone contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.