Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re new so 4.2.3

I just bought a new series 2 and try to pair with my iPhone. But Apple need me to update the new so before it can be paired? I try to install the new so, but now it takes me 3-4 hours already and the screen still

Showing installing! Is this normal to take so long? Usually update so or iso takes not too long, is it due to my watch is brand new needs more time to verify and install new latest so?

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 6:42 AM

Hi

Apple advises that the update process may take up one hour.

If you experience issues at or before the "verifying" stage, then it may help to follow the steps in the following support article under the heading "If you need help updating":

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

However: do not interrupt your iPhone or Apple Watch if the process has already reached "installing". Note that you may need to scroll up on your iPhone screen to see the current status.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 6:42 AM in response to lawman3388

Hi

Apple advises that the update process may take up one hour.

If you experience issues at or before the "verifying" stage, then it may help to follow the steps in the following support article under the heading "If you need help updating":

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

However: do not interrupt your iPhone or Apple Watch if the process has already reached "installing". Note that you may need to scroll up on your iPhone screen to see the current status.

Re new so 4.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.