Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What prevents a hacker from calling Apple Care and turning off my two factor authentication, or starting an account recovery process?

What prevents a hacker from calling Apple Care and turning off my two factor authentication, or starting an account recovery process? It is easy to get details about any user nowadays by scraping Social Media or if they have access to any of his devices.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 8:11 PM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2018 8:42 PM in response to specnerd1989

If your device is locked, no one can get information off of it. And, as Eric indicated, don't use information you post on social media as the answers to your security questions. You also may want to make sure that your social media accounts have permission set so only the people you know can see your information.

Remember, that, you get to decide what the answers to the security questions are. You don't have to use the real answers as long as you remember what you chose.

What prevents a hacker from calling Apple Care and turning off my two factor authentication, or starting an account recovery process?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.