Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving from Android to iPhone

Does anyone know of a good program to transfer my data from android to iPhone, specifically LG K4 to iPhone6?

I have tried "Move to iOS" and read the article posted by Apple on their web site but none of that helps.

The only thing that Move to iOS did was transfer my text messages to Messages however, my call logs did not transfer over nor did my phone contacts. Instead my email contacts, containing only emails, imported as phone contacts which is useless because they don't have any phone numbers.

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 9:07 PM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2018 9:16 PM in response to Spaghead

OK, so not sure I'm understanding this:

Spaghead wrote:

nor did my phone contacts. Instead my email contacts, containing only emails, imported as phone contacts which is useless because they don't have any phone numbers.

Thanks!

What are "email contacts" vs. "phone contacts"? In iOS, there is a Contact book. Whether you have a phone number associated with someone or not, all contacts go to that place.

And, your call logs are not going to transfer as Apple indicates:

Choose your content and wait

On your Android device, select the content that you want to transfer and tap Next. Then—even if your Android indicates that the process is complete—leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes. The whole transfer can take a while, depending on how much content you're moving.

Here's what gets transferred: contacts, message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars. If they're available on both Google Play and the App Store, some of your free apps will also transfer. After the transfer completes, you can download any free apps that were matched from the App Store.

I would think that phone-related information like Call Logs might be more related to a SIM card, but I really don't know about that. It is clear that it's not something that gets transferred using the transfer process provided by Apple.

You are going to have to try again, because the Move to Android option is the only way you will get your stuff transferred to an iPhone: Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

Mar 1, 2018 4:39 PM in response to gail from maine

Email contacts on an android phone are like the ones in your address book in your email application on your computer or for instance your "hotmail" or "gmail" or "yahoo" contacts. They are strictly email contacts for most people. When you set up your email on an android phone that is what gets imported so you can send and receive emails. Your phone contacts are for your phone numbers only. Most people won't necessarily have emails for those unless for friends and family - businesses for instance you probably only call so won't have emails. They are just separate on most android phones. I do not want all those email contacts imported as phone contacts because there are WAY too many of them and it makes searching through them all a pain. When I email for online subscriptions, ordering online, sites I sign up on, game sites, IT services etc I don't have phone numbers because I don't call those places. Or if I post on kijiji or craigslist you get those anonymous 938534985u@craigslist and I don't want those in my phone list - I get hundreds of those just from posting online. I keep them separate. When I transferred my content it jammed everything together which I do not want.

Mar 1, 2018 5:05 PM in response to gail from maine

why do you say my call logs are not going to transfer as Apple says? where does Apple say that? I didn't get my instructions from here I got them from where I downloaded the Move to iOS app and it said call logs do transfer. I don't consider this a very good application when all my emails are smashed in with my phone contacts....why do you think those two apps are separate on android?

Mar 1, 2018 5:52 PM in response to Spaghead

Look, I'm a user just like you. So, I can only convey to you what I have read and read from other users using this mechanism.

I have no idea why whey would be separate on an Android. Contact cards are pretty universal in that they are cards which have the ability to contain certain types of data including name, address, phone number(s), email addresses(s), etc.

So, if you are having issues transferring the content in the way in which you would like, maybe you should erase the device, then take it and the android into your local Apple Store to get some help from them.

Best of luck,

GB

Moving from Android to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.