Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently bought 50gb of icloud space so why is my phone not letting me take anymore photos?

I had the problem where I was taking too many photos and it was taking up all the storage on my phone. So I started using iCloud and even bought 50 extra gig to be able to store everything on. Things were going great for about 2 months and now my phone is saying I can't take anymore photos because my phone is full.... but I've bought more storage and my iCloud is set so all my photos upload to it, so why is this happening?! :( it's my birthday this weekend and I use my phone to take photos and now I can't because it's too full even though I do have storage on there!!

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 1:50 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2018 2:31 AM in response to MidnightR0se

That space on iCloud and the space on your phone are 2 different things. And before you ask, no you can't add more memory to your phone.

Do this instead to clear out some space on your phone.

On iCloud, create a folder called "Archived Photos". Upload them (your photos) to there. Double check to see if they all uploaded there. Then you'll be able to delete them off your phone. Even though I use a 128GB iPhone 6S Plus and a 256GB iPhone 8 Plus I will never have this issue, it's there just in case.

As an alternative, you can have the phone store smaller resolution versions in your phone, while iCloud will have the original photos.

I recently bought 50gb of icloud space so why is my phone not letting me take anymore photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.