Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app crashes, followed by error from Gmail saying that Gmail blocked a sign in attempt from me because it says I used a "less secure app"

Mail app crashed while attempting to check email from Gmail. Then I got an error from Gmail saying that Gmail blocked a sign in attempt from someone (me) because it says I used a "less secure app." I was on my Mac mini using the mail app. Can anyone shed some light?

Mac mini (Late 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 11:29 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 26, 2018 11:48 AM in response to Homer Emodeler

Hi Homer,

I understand that you were using Mail on your Mac, but then it stopped responding and you got an error that you were using a less secure app. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I found the following resource from Google that explains how to let these apps access your account:

Let less secure apps use your account - Google Account Help

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Mail app crashes, followed by error from Gmail saying that Gmail blocked a sign in attempt from me because it says I used a "less secure app"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.