Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Query re. iPhone 6S "Error 4005" Hardware issue

I'll cut a long story short! My 4 month old iPhone 6S died on me a few days ago, it was stuck on reboot "iTunes logo" screen" (sorry I am not technical at all!) each time I tried to use iTunes to restore it "Error 4005/ Error 9" appeared and so I took to an Apple store in London to chat to a "genius". Basically they are sending it off to the depot as it "failed to pass SNR and ICC" Can anyone tell me what this means about my phone? And if they are likely to be able to fix it?

Thank you so much in advance

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 6:06 AM

SNR is Signal-to-Noise-Ratio and implies a hardware defect in the wireless and ICC is Integrated Circuit Card which is probably why the phone needed to be returned to the service depot for fixing (as the Apple Store generally won't have the resources to fix these kinds of issues in-house). I'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to fix it particularly if the device is still under warranty so I'd wait and see.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 6:06 AM in response to jakki258

SNR is Signal-to-Noise-Ratio and implies a hardware defect in the wireless and ICC is Integrated Circuit Card which is probably why the phone needed to be returned to the service depot for fixing (as the Apple Store generally won't have the resources to fix these kinds of issues in-house). I'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to fix it particularly if the device is still under warranty so I'd wait and see.

Feb 26, 2018 6:08 AM in response to Community User

Thank you so much- My phone has been kept in pristine condition, its like new, I just want it back.

When the genius said it had failed those 2 things- he said had there been any liquid damage- I can swear hand on heart that my phone has never been near a drop of liquid, so I'm panicking that they think it will!

Thank you again, much appreciated.

Query re. iPhone 6S "Error 4005" Hardware issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.