Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to set up new iphone with old iphone but it had been loading for 5.5hrs, what do i do?

iPhone X setup through old iPhone has been loading for 5.5 hrs

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 3:07 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 1:26 PM in response to braydonfromcrestmead

Good afternoon braydonfromcrestmead,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new iPhone X!

I understand you have been trying to set up your new iPhone X by using the automatic setup feature with your older iPhone. Is this what you are referring to?

If you have another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 11 or later, you can securely copy many of your settings, preferences, and iCloud Keychain to your new iPhone. Hold your other device near your new iPhone, and wait for automatic setup to begin.

User uploaded file

Source: iPhone User Guide - Set up iPhone

Based on the amount of time that has already passed, I would suggest turning off the iPhone, and setting it up by restoring it from your older iPhone's iCloud backup instead. Make sure your iPhone is fully charged when doing this.

iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

Please reply to this thread if you are still unable to set up your new iPhone and I'll do my best to help you!

Take care.

trying to set up new iphone with old iphone but it had been loading for 5.5hrs, what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.