Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time stamp issue - any solution for import from camera?

Unfortunately, I was not aware of this problem until I updated to iMovie 10.1.8 yesterday. Before that, when I imported from my Sony Handycam HDR-SR10, I got the correct date and time for each individual video clip. Now when importing 320 video clips in bulk, they all get one date and time, the present time of importing.

I have noticed that there is a video on youtube on how to circumvent this problem for an individual video clip from SD card iMovie 10.1.7 timestamp issue - YouTube, but I cannot select and import individual video clips from my camera. All clips on the camera hard disk are store in something called AVCHD and individual clips can't be selected. If I select the AVCHD, all 320 video clips are automatically imported into iMovie - without the time stamps. Any solutions? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 9:17 AM

What I would suggest is that you follow the procedure in the video link you posted. When you open the stream folder you should see all your .mts clips. Select them all and copy into a folder you create on your desktop. Copy not move. Then drag the folder into iMovie. This should import all your clips.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 1, 2018 9:19 AM in response to Jim Wanamaker

Initially, couldn't find the Stream folder since I simply couldn't open the AVCHD package. I then found out that I had to right click the AVCHD and display its contents. This revealed a package called BDMV. Right clicking on that one and displaying its contents then revealed the Stream folder. Inside were all my .mts clips and on importing them into iMovie they all showed up with the correct date and time labels. Problem solved! Thanks a lot, Jim!

Time stamp issue - any solution for import from camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.