Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID when logging into iMessage on any device says "An error occurred during activation. Try again." help...

Apple ID when logging into iMessage on any device says "An error occurred during activation. Try again." help...

can't log in to anything, only can use my phone number on my phone. Apple ID not working, frustrated!

password is correct I can log into Apple ID on other websites (apple.com) not working!

tried everything, timezone and all settings are right, internet is right, no outages...

help

MacBook Air, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 2:37 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 26, 2018 6:20 AM in response to cydneyjane

Can you log into FaceTime?

Messages – Can’t log in

Messages – Can’t log in 2

Messages - If you can‘t sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID.Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

Feb 26, 2018 4:24 PM in response to Bobby Collins

Based on what I have read and what happened to someone I know, people's e-mail addresses are getting blacklisted for Messages and FaceTime use. The ID will work everywhere but in those 2 apps/applications. The Apple software engineers have to go in and whitelist them again so the e-mail address can be used again. I haven't read a reason why this is happening, just speculation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.