Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iPad, already configured. iTunes let me only "configure" or "restore", which I don't want both.

Hy!

I have a new, second iPad, already configured (I don't want to restore it from the old one, which I use for different things). Now iTunes doesn't give me the possibility to make a backup for the new one - only let me "configure" or "restore". Can I somehow circumvent this first window in iTunes to go to the usual window for backup and later for sync?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Angela

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 4:36 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2018 4:54 AM in response to 51angela

Try this user-tip helps : Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive

It was written specifically for iPhones but it applies to iPads as well. Some of the steps on the page are slightly different now (it was written for a previous version of iTunes) :

5, File > Devices > Transfer Purchases

6, Reset Warnings is done via the bottom of the device's Summary tab in iTunes

7, File > Devices > Back Up (or Back Up Now on the device's Summary tab)

8, File > Devices > Restore From Backup (or Restore Backup on the device's Summary tab)

new iPad, already configured. iTunes let me only "configure" or "restore", which I don't want both.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.