Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display resolution always reset to "default for display" each time I set it to "scaled"

Hi
I need to change my screen resolution.
each time I go to (System Preferences->Display->Display)
I find Resolution is "Default for display"

I select "scaled -> Default" and close the window and check it again I find it reverted back to "Default for display"

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 3:38 PM

Hi mostafa_shehata,

I understand that when you change the resolution on your MacBook Pro, your selection doesn't stick and instead it switches back to "Default for display". I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Based on what you've described, I recommend that you reset your SMC and NVRAM:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support
How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know how this goes, and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 3:38 PM in response to mostafa_shehata

Hi mostafa_shehata,

I understand that when you change the resolution on your MacBook Pro, your selection doesn't stick and instead it switches back to "Default for display". I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Based on what you've described, I recommend that you reset your SMC and NVRAM:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support
How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know how this goes, and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Display resolution always reset to "default for display" each time I set it to "scaled"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.