Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s mic not working on some apps

So i bought a used iphone 6s i set it up update it to the latest ios and when i go to record a snapchat video or a voice message on messenger or record a voice memo the mic doesnt pick up anything but when using siri or recording video with both front and rear facing camera the mic works and i have sound it also works when i get calls.I have tried almost everything people suggest on forums still no luck.If you know something about this problem or know how to fix it please help.Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:19 PM

Hi there, M0i_!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you purchased a phone through a private sale and the microphone doesn't seem to be working in certain scenarios. Specifically, for video in videos in apps like Snapchat, voice messages in Messenger, or even recording a voice memo, the microphone does not pick up any audio. The microphone does work in other instances, though, like on phone calls and when using the native Camera app. I'm happy to help!

Based on everything you've described, I would suggest going through the Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support article, specifically the following steps from the "Get help" section:

Get help

If you still have issues after testing the microphone on your device, try these steps:

1. Unplug any accessory plugged into the headset jack.
  2. Avoid blocking the microphone and iSight mic with your fingers while holding the device or recording video.
  3. Remove screen protectors, films, or cases that cover the microphone, iSight mic, or iPhone receiver.
  4. Clear any debris from the microphones or iPhone receiver. Refer to the user guide for your device on microphone locations.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Make sure you have the latest version of iOS.

If you've tried these steps and people still can't hear you on phone or FaceTime calls or Siri doesn’t hear your requests, contact Apple Support.

FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.

Have a good day.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 5:19 PM in response to M0i_

Hi there, M0i_!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you purchased a phone through a private sale and the microphone doesn't seem to be working in certain scenarios. Specifically, for video in videos in apps like Snapchat, voice messages in Messenger, or even recording a voice memo, the microphone does not pick up any audio. The microphone does work in other instances, though, like on phone calls and when using the native Camera app. I'm happy to help!

Based on everything you've described, I would suggest going through the Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support article, specifically the following steps from the "Get help" section:

Get help

If you still have issues after testing the microphone on your device, try these steps:

1. Unplug any accessory plugged into the headset jack.
  2. Avoid blocking the microphone and iSight mic with your fingers while holding the device or recording video.
  3. Remove screen protectors, films, or cases that cover the microphone, iSight mic, or iPhone receiver.
  4. Clear any debris from the microphones or iPhone receiver. Refer to the user guide for your device on microphone locations.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Make sure you have the latest version of iOS.

If you've tried these steps and people still can't hear you on phone or FaceTime calls or Siri doesn’t hear your requests, contact Apple Support.

FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.

Have a good day.

iphone 6s mic not working on some apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.