Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore corrupt or not compatible with new phone

I backed up my iphone6 plus and purchased the iphone X. When I try to restore on my new iphone X it says it is corrupted or not compatible. From doing some reading I assumed it is because when I plugged in the Iphone X I updated it to the latest version. Can I reset all and that will take the phone back to factory settings - then resort phone - then update to latest version? Will that work? I am very frustrated every time I get a new phone it says my restore is corrupted or not compatible and I have to start over each time.

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 3:47 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 26, 2018 4:08 AM in response to ProustGiulio

AWW OK, no I turned it into Apple when I bought this phone over the weekend. My iphoneX has the latest version 11.2.6. I tried this like 3 times yesterday and it never worked. Said the same thing corrupted or not compatible.

I have older back ups I guess I could try but if none of them work I should be able to get most of my items (photos and contacts VIA my extracted albums and my email where I synced them also correct? Just set up my email again and the contacts will download then find the last file of photos and sync them with phone? Contacts and Photos is all I really care about. Txt missing is not that serious to me.

restore corrupt or not compatible with new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.