Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my songs and pictures not displaying for family sharing

I set up family sharing with my wife. Only 1/4 of the pictures are displaying and none of the iTunes music purchases.

iphone, Other OS

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:12 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 4:48 PM in response to csuttman

Good afternoon csuttman,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you set up Family Sharing with your wife, but are not seeing all of the pictures in the shared Family album or any of the iTunes purchases. Just so that we are on the same page, are these the steps you and your wife have taken for sharing iTunes purchases, and setting up the shared album? I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the links for complete details.
iTunes Purchases
Are you the family organizer, and does your wife have a different Apple ID account than yours? Did you share the same Apple ID for iTunes Store purchases in the past? Once you choose iTunes purchases and invite your wife to join, your wife has to look at the Purchased tab and download or play the music she wants in her personal library.
Shared Family album
All of your photos don't instantly appear in this album. You have to pick and choose the photos you want to share with your wife in the Family album. There is only one album associated with the Family Sharing account. But you can create as many albums as you want uing iCloud Photo Sharing.
Family Sharing

Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases, an Apple Music Family Membership, and an iCloud storage plan. Your family can also share a photo album, calendar, and reminders, and even help locate each others’ missing devices.
One adult in your household—the family organizer—chooses a feature for your family to share and invites family members to join. After the family members join, Family Sharing is set up on everyone’s devices automatically.
All your family’s purchases, on all your family’s devices.

With purchase sharing, all new iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases made by your family are billed to the organizer’s account.
When you set up purchase sharing, the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members are immediately available to everyone else in the group. And, of course, so are new purchases. The content appears automatically in the Purchased tab in iTunes, iBooks, or the App Store for each family member.
Just select the family member whose collection you’d like to browse, then download or play the content you choose. Other family members can access your collection in the same way.
If you want to keep some purchases private, you can choose to hide individual items or choose not to share your purchases in your Family Sharing settings.

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added.

Family Sharing also sets up a family calendar where everyone can view, add, or change events and appointments, and get an alert when something changes. And anyone can use the Reminders app to send time or location reminders to the family. So when it’s picture day, pizza night, or just a trip to the beach, everyone’s in the know.

If you don't want to share the family photo album, calendar, or reminders, you can unsubscribe from them directly on your device, or on iCloud.com.

iCloud Photo Sharing
csuttman, after reviewing this information with your wife, please reply back to this thread if she is not able to download purchases or see the photos you shared to the Family photo album.
Take care.

Why are my songs and pictures not displaying for family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.