Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Letter before k in alphabet not working

I have a 2015 MacBook Air running mcOS High Sierra and the letter before k and after I (alphabetically) is not working. It happened a couple of weeks ago and a quick restart seemed to solve the problem until now. I have restarted and checked all updates and nothing is working.

Any help much appreciated.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:35 AM

Hi there,

I would perform the following steps:

- How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

- How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and give a try.

If not working I would start in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If still not working, probably you have an hardware issue and you should go to an AppleStore on an authorized support center.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 5:35 AM in response to deadredstu

Hi there,

I would perform the following steps:

- How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

- How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and give a try.

If not working I would start in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If still not working, probably you have an hardware issue and you should go to an AppleStore on an authorized support center.

Letter before k in alphabet not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.