Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem writing Maths at Pages

Writing math texts on Pages using Latex form, at the equation editor (⌥⌘E), after re opened the document, all the codes were transformed into MathMl code. I dont why this happen and how i can reverted.

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 4:58 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2018 12:15 PM in response to Nick Barris

How do you see MathML source code in Pages v6.1 or later — after entering the LaTeX equation in the equation editor?

Doesn't happen for me, when the document is saved, reopened, or viewed — either in Pages v6.3.1, or in an older Pages v5/v6 application. The equation exports to Word, and if that Word document is opened in LibreOffice, the equation is editable in the LO Equation editor.

Pages v6.1 and later do not incorporate a TeX/LaTeX engine. Instead, the blahtex converter is used to transform the former syntax into internal MathML that Pages uses to display the equation. You cannot override this behavior, unless you choose to use Design Science's MathType for Mac.

See my preceding post about this subject.

Problem writing Maths at Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.