Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery mode iPhone 5SE

My iPhone 5SE is not functioning correctly. It will not let me sign in using the 6 digit password. I shut it off as it was not responding to my touch commands. It was typing by itself and switch from screen to screen. As it had been on all day, I decided to turn it off and let it cool down a bit. I woke up this morning and it is not allowing me to turn it on or use the number key pad. I would like to know if I can wipe out the memory and start from new?

Thank you,

Bernie Sahadi

iPhone SE, Unknown

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 4:48 PM

Hello BernieSahadi,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone. I am happy to offer some assistance with this.

First, it sounds like you are describing an issue with the display on your iPhone. This help article has troubleshooting to check to help with this: Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

The next thing you mention is that it isn't allowing you to turn it on. Depending on the issue, here are two articles that may help you:

1. Relating to the buttons: About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

2. If it won't power on at all: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Lastly, to answer your question, yes, you can restore your device to factory, and try setting it up again using the steps in this help article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Please be aware, restoring your device to factory settings will erase all the data on the device. If you are able to get back into your device, you can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks and have a wonderful day.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 4:48 PM in response to BernieSahadi

Hello BernieSahadi,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone. I am happy to offer some assistance with this.

First, it sounds like you are describing an issue with the display on your iPhone. This help article has troubleshooting to check to help with this: Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

The next thing you mention is that it isn't allowing you to turn it on. Depending on the issue, here are two articles that may help you:

1. Relating to the buttons: About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

2. If it won't power on at all: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Lastly, to answer your question, yes, you can restore your device to factory, and try setting it up again using the steps in this help article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Please be aware, restoring your device to factory settings will erase all the data on the device. If you are able to get back into your device, you can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Recovery mode iPhone 5SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.