Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please stop the High Sierra upgrade notifications

I've seen dozens of notifications from the App Store telling me that the newest MacOS, Hight Sierra, is available for download and installation. If I decide that I need the upgrade, I will install it. The constant notifications which I'm forced to click on and then the App Store that needs to be closed each time has become quite irritating.

Please stop the notifications or tell me if there is a way to disable them myself. (I don't think that's possible.)

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 6:13 AM

Hi, we're not Apple so we can't stop anything.

If possible the best suggestion is to upgrade but if you really don't want to upgrade and the notification are disturbing you, you can have a look here to have an idea of what to do: http://osxdaily.com/2018/01/22/stop-upgrade-to-macos-high-sierra-notifications-m ac/

6 replies

Please stop the High Sierra upgrade notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.