Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touchbar MacBook Pro keyboard spacebar and AppleDoesntCare

Sadly this is what it's come to.

I have been a loyal Apple customer for over a decade, I purchased thousands of MacBooks during my time at a major university. I own several personally, including iPhones, iPads, AppleTV's, Watch's etc.

Apple care used to be worth paying for, advance replacement for defective products, people who at least gave the illusion of caring about the customer.

With Steve gone, and the coffers filling up, it seems Apple isn't what it used to be.

Now:

You spend over $3000 on an Apple Laptop, it's clearly defective, as hundreds of others are having the same keyboard issues with the butterfly keyboards.

And APPLE IGNORES IT.

You pay hundreds of dollars for "AppleCare" (From here on, "AppleDoesntCare") and are told to either ship your laptop in, or drive an hour in each direction, to have a "tech", look at the broken keyboard to tell you it's broken, then ship it off anyway.

I even offered to secure an advance replacement with my credit card, No go.

After being told the same line of canned BS in chat, and giving the person my PHONE NUMBER and address to send the box, I'm told they'd like to connect me with "Customer Relations" via phone, if I'd provide my PHONE NUMBER, so I copied and pasted it from when I gave it to them 3 minutes earlier. GENIUS.

Of course, my phone rings, and I'm put on hold, when the person answers they ASK ME what I called for, ***? really? Eventually after wasting more of my time I was connected to a "Customer Relations" person, who told me exactly the same thing I was told in chat. And when I voiced my concerns and frustrations was met with silence. I eventually asked if the person was still there, and if there was a reason I was even still on this call? I was told "I can't hang up, you have to" so I did.

Apparently Apples new line of customer relations is to hire someone to just get griped at by frustrated customers, but that is their only purpose as they cannot do anything more than the trained monkeys in chat support.

So, I'd advise you, that if you are ever having a bad day, just call Apple customer relations, and unload on the person on the other end for as long as you like, since they can't hangup, they'll have to listen, and maybe if we all keep them on the line for 8-10 hours a day, we'll get Apple to pay attention as they only care when it hits them in the bank account.

I never thought I'd say that I've gotten better support from any company over Apple, but that day has come. THIS will be my last Apple purchase until they admit they have completely ineffective customer support system in place, and reverse this severely lacking set of policies and procedures.

Rest In Peace Apple.

iMac, Macbook, Various iPods, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 6:34 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Touchbar MacBook Pro keyboard spacebar and AppleDoesntCare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.