Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you restore the message app in iphone

Im able to receive messages and I can see it in the settings. The app itself no longer shows up and I can’t create a message due to not being able to access the message app.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:01 AM

I don't believe you can delete the "message app" from your iPhone. I is probably hidden in a folder. Search for it on your iPhone:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Feb 26, 2018 8:44 AM in response to silvia267

If I can add my two cents to what Javaliga and Limnos correctly suggested (you can't delete Message app, so that app is still there), if you can't find your message app icon, you can go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.

BUT....but, before you do it, keep in mind that performing this reset all your apps icons could be moved to different screens, and you will loose all your created folders (then you have to move your icons manually, re-create folders, and so on). SO, my suggestion should work, but it can create a chaos on your already personalized screens (unfortunately iTunes program on a computer doesn't manage / arrange apps any longer).

Regards

Giulio

How do you restore the message app in iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.