Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing without unified billing?

I'm reviving a question which has never been answered. While my family and I enjoy sharing photos, music, location, storage, and purchased movies, books and apps, I would like to have these features without being the sole beneficiary of my family's purchase bills.

Being the owner of the sharing, I'm responsible for any purchases made by any of my family members. My family are all responsible adults with their own banking accounts, fully capable of paying for their own purchases. I also think the current behavior is an invasion of privacy as I'm constantly made aware of each purchase my family makes.

Please, Apple, allow us to designate adults in family sharing to maintain their own purchases and maintain some semblance of privacy in doing so.

Mac mini, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:39 AM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2018 7:46 AM in response to Jeff Chapman

First, you are not talking to Apple here. This is a user-to-user forum. If you would like to make suggestions to Apple, try this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

That being said, the only way around "unified billing" would be for each person to purchase an iTunes (or App Store) gift card and redeem it. Note: not an Apple Store gift card. Any purchases will automatically be deducted from the gift card first without requiring the Family organizers card.

Feb 26, 2018 9:53 AM in response to Jeff Chapman

I'm reviving a question which has never been answered.

I disagree.

This question has been accurately answered many times. That some don't like the answer does not mean it has not been answered.

Please, Apple, allow us to designate adults in family sharing to maintain their own purchases and maintain some semblance of privacy in doing so.

As suggested, tell Apple how you feel. It is the "only" option to affect any change to this policy.

Posting here does not do this.

Family Sharing without unified billing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.