Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have updated the software of my ipad and it idasking me a 6 digit passcode to start.

I have updated my ipad software and now it is asking for a 6 digit passcode which I had never set.

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:05 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 5:19 PM in response to surendrafromthane

Hey surendrafromthane,

If I understand correctly, you are being asked for a 6 digit passcode on your iPad. This could happen if you have two-factor authentication enabled. Is the iPad locked and asking for the passcode to unlock the iPad? I would recommend you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

A verification code is a temporary code sent to your trusted device or phone number when you sign in to a new device or browser with your Apple ID. You can also get a verification code from Settings on your trusted device.

A verification code is different from the device passcode you enter to unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

I have updated the software of my ipad and it idasking me a 6 digit passcode to start.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.