Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add to playlists

Ever since installing iOS 11, even on my old iPhone 7 Plus (now on iPhone X), I have had nothing but problems with Apple Music and trying to add songs or albums to my playlists. When I find a song or album I would like to add, I follow the same process every time. I tap the button and choose "Add to Playlist", which brings me to choosing the playlist I want to add it to, which I do. No matter how many times I go through this process, they never update or add to my library, despite the popup telling me it was added. In order to actually have this work, I have to continuously reboot my phone. Between this issue and my library not syncing and updating properly between my devices (iPhone, Mac, iPad), I am very displeased with the iOS 11 Apple Music.

Link to a screen recording I took:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/08txjqmoj8isr87/AAAFoN_24Y4QdSS4CIl1v5Jta?dl=0

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:30 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2018 7:48 PM in response to SalmonGram

Hi SalmonGram!
I understand that you're unable to add items to a playlist using Apple Music, and I'm happy to help. Please try these steps:

Check your Internet connection

Open Safari on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or a web browser on your PC, and go to any website to make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi or Internet connection.

If you can't connect to a Wi-Fi network on your iOS device, you can try using cellular data:

1. Go to Settings > App and iTunes Stores.
  2. Turn on Use Cellular Data.

You might have to pay a fee to download over a cellular network. Contact your wireless carrier for details, and learn about cellular data settings and usage.

Get help with iCloud Music Library

Cheers!

Feb 27, 2018 5:07 AM in response to chris_g1

This problem happens regardless of the connection I have. The video I linked to, if you had watched it, was taken while I was on wifi. Whether I am on cellular (with use cellular data on as it always has been), or any wifi (home, work, etc.) with any strength, this still happens far too often. My connection has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. On top of that, my connection shouldn't matter in the least when it comes to second part of my issue with my devices not syncing properly after I am actually able to add the music to my library.

Unable to add to playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.