Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Theater on Mac won't play movies

I recently cleaned my Mac and installed High Sierra. After syncing with my iCloud account and loading iMovie, I noticed that I wasn't able to play movies in Theater that were in the cloud. I can see my movies but they are grayed out. When I click on one, it says "<Movie Name> could not be found." I am able to play these same movies from my iPhone and Apple TV without any issues. If I add new movies to the theater from my Mac then they work fine across all devices including the Mac.

Any ideas how to fix this?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:42 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 4, 2018 5:42 PM in response to mmboam

You can look to see if your projects are preserved in the iMovie backups folder, and republish them from there. Since you cleaned your Mac, the folder may not be there, but see if it is. Start by clicking on your desktop to get to the Finder menu. Then the file path is: Go/Home/Library/Containers/com.apple.iMovieApp/Data/Library/Caches/iMovie Backups. When you get there you will see (hopefully) a list of earlier backed up iMovie libraries. Click on one that has a date before you updated. iMovie should open and from there you can open your projects and republish.

-- Rich

iMovie Theater on Mac won't play movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.