Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I look at/recover my old texts on the computer

Can I look at/recover my old texts on the computer, were deleted on phone. where do I go in cloud to get saved texts? Don't necessarily need to bring back to phone

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 7:51 AM

The only way to get deleted texts back is if you have a backup from before you deleted the texts. And you can't just get the deleted texts. You'd have to restore your phone from that backup, which will overwrite anything since you made the backup. If you have backed up since you deleted the texts, they are gone.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

As a last resort, you can always ask the recipient of the texts to forward them back to you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 7:51 AM in response to craigfromhavre

The only way to get deleted texts back is if you have a backup from before you deleted the texts. And you can't just get the deleted texts. You'd have to restore your phone from that backup, which will overwrite anything since you made the backup. If you have backed up since you deleted the texts, they are gone.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

As a last resort, you can always ask the recipient of the texts to forward them back to you.

Can I look at/recover my old texts on the computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.