Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes wont shuffle downloaded apple music the easy way

Hi fellas

I am struggling to shuffle ONLY the downloaded music tracks from my apple music library. I have tried right clicking on the Downloaded group from the left hand side panel under the Library section and selecting the Shuffle option from the context menu. But every time I try that, every single song in my apple music library gets added in the Up Next section and are shuffled.

I just found out that in order to prevent a song from playing the user must go the Songs group under the Library section and uncheck all those tracks.

So what I have to do is sort all my songs by the iCloud Download column and then uncheck the songs that are not downloaded and play the remainder.

This seems very less intuitive than simply right clicking the Downloaded group under the Library section and selecting Shuffle option from the context menu, much like going to the Downloaded>Songs section in the Music app for iOS 10.3.3 and selecting the Shuffle All option from the top.

So this is not about the lack of a feature from iTunes but more about how it has been implemented and how the users are expected to use it.

And it really makes no sense of providing a Shuffle option in the context menu of the Downloaded music group if it shuffles every single song, downloaded or not.User uploaded file

iOS 10.3.3, 12.7.3.46

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:30 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

iTunes wont shuffle downloaded apple music the easy way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.