Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync photos macbook to iphone

Icloud is full. trying to sync the new clean up i did on my macbook photos and trying to find the same clean up in my phone as deleted ones should also dissapear from the phone? Also in some areas photos came back in doubles and triples. Another question is before i sync should i delete from the phone or from the computer?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 11:51 AM

That depends on what undisclosed service you are using - if you are using iCloud Photo Libary then yes - all changes made on any connected device are made on all devices IF you have free iCloud Storage available

With iTune Sync I believe that you can sync the new smaller albums from your Mac to your IOS device thereby reducing storage on the IOS device

No other service will sync deletions between systems

LN

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 11:51 AM in response to lucieJean

That depends on what undisclosed service you are using - if you are using iCloud Photo Libary then yes - all changes made on any connected device are made on all devices IF you have free iCloud Storage available

With iTune Sync I believe that you can sync the new smaller albums from your Mac to your IOS device thereby reducing storage on the IOS device

No other service will sync deletions between systems

LN

Feb 26, 2018 11:50 AM in response to LarryHN

Ok now that takes me to ask how to deal with the fact that i spent many hrs doing cleaning and deleting on my phone and on my computer then when i sync. All the pictures came back to my phone. I seem to never be able to have it done once and for all. So now that said. !

I need to know the wisest way of cleaning first from the Mac or from the phone? To avoid deleted pix to come back to the phone after syncing

Feb 26, 2018 11:59 AM in response to lucieJean

and again

That depends on what undisclosed service you are using

Unless you tell us details we have no way to help

What version of the OS are you using? What are your iCloud settings and status on each device? How much free iCloud Storage do you have? and any other details that would help a stranger who can not see you assist you

LN

Feb 26, 2018 12:35 PM in response to LarryHN

Mac 10,12,6 to Iphone 6..

I did mention iCloud storage is full.

Normally i plug my phone into the Mac and sync with Itunes. I need to know if it's mac sending to phone or phone sending to mac, or both taking and receiving?

How to stop old pictures to come back to my phone in double and triple.

HOPE I'm doing better at this to be clear.

THANKS.

LU

Feb 26, 2018 12:47 PM in response to lucieJean

and

What are your iCloud settings and status on each device?

There is a different answer for each of the several iCloud services - if you are using iCloud Photo library then you will probably need to increase your iCloud storage so the process and complete and then you may be able to downgrade it again is if it no longer full

LN

Sync photos macbook to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.