Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Trying to Update Apps, but there’s no prompted continue button?

I’ve been trying for a few days now to update apps on my iPad 2 Air (iOS 11.2.6) but whenever I open the app store and tap the update button, it tells me “Verification Required” and to tap Continue to verify my billing information. First of all, these are all free apps and shouldn’t require billing information to update (I‘ve turned off the payment information from my AppleID settings), but secondly, and most importantly, the only button it gives me to tap is an “okay” button, not cancel, not continue. Tapping this okay button does nothing. I’ve restarted the apps and my iPad countless times. I cannot update my apps. This iPad functions as a work computer and is anchored in place to a cash drawer as well, so there’s no syncing it to a computer or anything to get around this. Please help! I need to update my POS system so I can sell my merch!

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Select None for payment method > Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Mar 30, 2018 8:14 AM in response to Nikvenema In response to Nikvenema

I have changed my removed billing information... re-added billing information... tried a different card... none of these things are working. I continue to get prompted to verify my billing information and told to hit the continue button and there is no continue button... and my app won't update.

Mar 30, 2018 8:14 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 31, 2018 9:10 PM in response to Nikvenema In response to Nikvenema

Had the same issue, I just found a free app in the App Store to download, it gave me the option to login to my account, presses continue, updated my card info and the free app started to download. Went to my updated screen, pressed update all and they all finally downloaded.

Mar 31, 2018 9:10 PM

Reply Helpful

May 14, 2018 10:15 AM in response to Carolyn Samit In response to Carolyn Samit

Just did this and it still won’t update. I submitted a help ticket to get this resolved. My payment option has been set to “NONE”and it still prompts me to update my CC info. I have had fraud on my bank account and I don’t trust Apple with my bank information anymore so I’m removing it.

May 14, 2018 10:15 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Nikvenema

Question: Trying to Update Apps, but there’s no prompted continue button?