Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why did OS not include Airdrop?

Macbook Pro, 2017, plenty bells & whistles, came with Sierra, no Airdrop, just installed High Sierra, no Airdrop. All computer searches, no airdrop. Web searches only talk about malfunctioning Airdrop situations. Seems there is no stand alone program to download. So far no searches on Apple support even mention it. Anyone?

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 10:26 AM

13 replies

Feb 26, 2018 10:47 AM in response to Dual2

There is no Airdrop on sidebar, Go drop down, or in spotlight search. The article below is no help, like all the rest they think I have it installed. There is no Airdrop. I just installed HS today. No AD in any prefs. I could load several more screen shots to show all the menus, but its not here. I need an apple tech or someone who has actually encountered this issue and what they did to get it installed. Thanks folks.

User uploaded file

Feb 26, 2018 5:16 PM in response to Lanny

Please read prior posts in thread. I have used Macs for almost 30 years, I know what is NOT in my computer. There are previous posts showing it not listed from my actual computer. I am specifically searching for someone that might know a solution to obtaining the program when it is not installed. Capice? I appreciate the other posts and for your attention. Hoped to aviod it but now It seems a visit to Dr. Apple is next. Cheers

why did OS not include Airdrop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.