Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an apple defect that causes the iPhone 7 Plus to constantly have 1-2 bars of service at all times even while connected to WiFi?

Hi I have noticed for a lil while now that everywhere I go I always only have 1-2 bars of service, which makes my phone supppppper slow or not able to load anything when I really need it... is that an apple defect? Before I used to always have excellent reception and now its horrible trying to do anything on my phone while I’m out and about or even in my home. I would love to get this issue resolved so that I can go back to having an amazing phone not one that doesn’t really work wherever I go. I do have an iPhone 7+ so I would love to know so that way I can see about getting it fixed :)

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 10:49 AM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2018 12:10 PM in response to Community User

No. It is not an "Apple defect". The problem is not universal by any measure. There are 6 iPhone 7 Plus's within spitting distance of me right now and none of them have a problem.

If you have already contacted your cellular carrier and done basic troubleshooting (reboot, reset, restore, restore as new) and it has not solved the problem, then make an appointment at the genius bar of your local Apple Store.

Is there an apple defect that causes the iPhone 7 Plus to constantly have 1-2 bars of service at all times even while connected to WiFi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.