Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes deleting song files (not just the greyed-out songs)

I joined the "Songs greyed-out" discussion to no avail. None of those solutions has worked or made any of my nearly 20,000 missing songs return much less the greyed-out songs. Does anyone have any ideas on how to compile all of my previous iTunes libraries from the last 15 years to get my music back? [using iTunes 12.7.2.58 (and not updating iOS until this is remedied)]

It's not only frustrating, it's a bit maddening that as time goes by iTunes becomes less and less technologically savvy. I've added 40-50 albums per year, but my total songs have gone from 43,274 (in 2009) to 27,419 total songs. I spent hours upon years ripping my 4,000+ CD collection from 2003-2009. Half of them have slowly disappeared.

I wonder if anyone at Apple even reads these.

iTunes really has gone downhill for 10+ years, and it's all I (& my music company) use. Not only that, my whole office is in the music industry. iTunes used to be the standard that all industry people use, and it's quickly being replaced by Spotify which does nothing for me. - very little for any of us honestly, other than hearing new releases. But part of our daily duty in our position in the industry is to review dozens of unreleased albums per week, take notes on them, upload them TO iTunes, send their metadata to the databases, and virtually introduce them to the music world.

When an old reliable App for doing this becomes less and less useful it leaves us dumbfounded and searching for a replacement. Sadly there are just no other replacements quite yet. I suppose we will end up building one ourselves if iTunes continues down this never-ending downward spiral.

I'm curious how many others are giving up on -or have given up on- itunes for others and which ones are you using to keep, catalog, and notate your music files.

What are you all using? Who has given up?

More importantly, does anyone have a solution? Today I'd just be happy having all my greyed-out songs back, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. - thanks in advance, nelson wells @Clermont1

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 11:15 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

iTunes deleting song files (not just the greyed-out songs)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.